I was excited to take part in a collaborative project lead by the gorgeous Cindy Cavanagh. In her project description she says she wants:
- to capture and tell diverse stories, including race, heritage, social, religion, family size, and relationships.
- to create portraits where motherhood is the primary subject. She is the star, and the children are the props.
- to use words and poems as threads to gather images together.
- to curate a book about motherhood
- to change the narrative about mothers only having 18 summers with their children
- to connect with other mothers and share this motherhood journey
- to connect with other Artists to tell motherhood stories.
And so, I applied. And one of my images was accepted, and will become a part of this motherhood project, from around the world. What an absolute honour to see my belly and my stretch marks, that mark my journey into motherhood, become a part of this incredible initiative.
You can also read more about her initiative in this blog post.
Thank you, Cindy for giving your voice to all those mothers out in the world!